If you’re anything like me, when you look at the list of essential oils that are available, you are instantly overwhelmed!
My first thought when I looked at the oils my company had available was where the heck do I start?
There are many starter kits available, covering many price points, but I wanted a kit that was more tailored to me. A kit that I could learn and grow with, and that would take care of my family’s most immediate needs. My initial purchase was an existing kit, but if I could start over with the knowledge I have now, I’d do things a little differently.
What oils would be in my ideal starter kit?
The problem I faced: how do I scale a list of what seemed like a thousand items, to less than ten? I’d like to start off my essential oil journey with a mix of oils that support my health, and oils that support my emotions. Here are my choices:
- Lavender – fights infection, inflammation, insomnia, pain, depression, and anxiety.
- Chamomile – digestive and relaxation aid, treats allergies, rashes, menstrual cramps, inflammation, anxiety, anger and depression.
- Rosemary – relieves pain, congestion, constipation and grief. stimulates circulation and memory, helps in times of transition.
- Melaleuca/Tea Tree – fights many infections, and is anti-fungal.
- Peppermint – relieves indigestion, sinus congestion, itching, panic, mental stimulant.
- Lemon – antidepressant, kills parasites, promotes a sense of cleanliness. A natural cleaner! Use it for your kitchen surfaces.
- Geranium – great for the skin, balances mind and body.
What oils would you want in your starter kit, and why?