“What’s for dinner, Mom?”
Do you ever have that feeling, when there’s not much more in the fridge than a pound of ground beef, and you really don’t want spaghetti bolognese …. again?
That was the the scenario in my kitchen last night. There wasn’t anything ready, due to the fact that my schedule had been thrown out of the window with the whole colonoscopy experience. Thank goodness for a girlfriend who delivered lasagna that night!
So, I have this pound of beef – and a secret weapon. Essential oils! And here’s what I made:
Quick and Easy Bulgogi
- 1lb ground beef (I always keep mine precooked, but cooking from scratch is fine, too!)
- 3 cloves garlic (or 3tsp minced garlic)
- 1Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (you could also use soy sauce, or coconut aminos)
- 1/4 cup local honey
- 1Tbsp sesame seeds
- 5 green onions, chopped
- Couple of shakes of ground black pepper
- 3 drops Ginger essential oil
True bulgogi calls for slices of sirloin to be marinated in the Bragg’s/honey mixture, but we’re going for quick and easy here!
Heat the sesame oil in a frying pan. Add garlic and ground beef.
Cook until browned, stirring often, then drain off any fat.
Add the remaining ingredients, stir until combined and heated through.
You can serve this over white or brown rice, but I love it served in romaine lettuce leaves!
There now. Wasn’t that quick? And tasty, too!