You know that stuffy congested feeling that comes along with a head cold, or even seasonal allergies? Hop in the shower and get rid of the congestion! These shower bombs hold enough power to have you unblocked in a jiffy!
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 cup salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup liquid castile soap (such as Dr. Bronners. Any scent, but Peppermint adds extra oomph!)
- 50 drops respiration essential oil blend (Peppermint, Laurel, Eucalyptus, Lemon, Cardamom, Melaleuca)
Directions to make your shower bombs:
- In a large bowl, combine the baking soda and salt.
- Add the liquid castile soap and essential oil to the mixture.
- Add the water 1 tablespoon at a time, while stirring with you hands until it forms into the consistency of damp sand. At this point, it should stay together when you press it into a ball. (If you add too much water by mistake, just add some more baking soda and salt until the consistency is right.)
- Scoop packed spoonfuls onto parchment paper using a measuring spoon.
- Let the “scoops” dry for 24 hours or until they are hard. One batch of this recipe makes about 36 shower bombs.
- Store your shower bombs in a Mason jar, or other airtight container, in the bathroom, and use as needed. When you jump in the shower, toss in a shower bomb and you will release the power of the essential oils, and increase your ability to breathe!
About that respiratory blend …
Use this blend if you’re too stuffed up to sleep!
Put a drop in the palm of your hands, rub hands together, and inhale from cupped hands to clear that allergy stuffiness.
Put a drop on each side of the bridge of your nose to clear sinuses.
A drop under your nose helps to clear the airways if you suffer from asthma.